Thursday, 14 January 2010

Look at my pretty picture

Look at my beautiful new picture frame with the picture from the official Tour Eifel shop! It looks really "French" and shabby chic. This is how I'm gonna style my bedroom when I get home. Dave's not happy that the frame cost €5, but like everything else in France, picture frames are expensive. Plus it stopped me from splurging a lot more money on the Topshop website!





Today was OK. I'm getting better at defending myself against the naughtier pupils. I had a boy today, and every time I said something in French, he would take the mick out of my prononciation loudly. Repeatedly. I was starting to feel really awkward. So the next time he did it, I told him "I can speak better French than you can speak English, so don't laugh." (Maybe it sounds a bit mean, but it wasn't mean at all at the time)

There was another in the same class who kept on shouting "motherfucker" and "biatch" and grinning. I told him if he carried on, I would tell the proviseur (headteacher). This seems to frighten them, as he looked serious and said "I stop".

I mentioned it to his teacher at the end of the lesson when she asked how the groups had been. Turns out he's on report card. Ah well. At least it was in English!

1 comments:

-miriam said...

this reminds me why i'm glad i'm not doing a language assitantship... altho i wudnt mind the money. 5€ for your frame is GOOD. brussels is flippin' MEGABUCKS for everyything! nightmare!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails