
I was sat listening for 5 hours in total, but the usefulness could have been condensed into 20 minutes. Or it could have been online, which would have saved us the trouble of getting there. It was alright for everyone else there, the majority of them lived in Nantes, and had walked or cycled there!
I did get some useful worksheets which I may use in a lesson tomorrow, and an address to send my Social Security number to, but it really was a useless day. All it succeeded in doing was making me feel bad about myself, because most of the people there were so much better than me at French.
But the journey home was much better. The sun had come out and we managed it in 2 hours 15 minutes. Dave made us a nice chilli for tea, and we watched Hollyoaks.

Tomorrow is mine and Dave's 2 year anniversary. We weren't really sure we to go, we really wanted to go to Paris, but it's a weekday and we're trying to not waste too much money this first month, just in case. So instead, Dave's going to make us a nice Italian meal, with starter, main and dessert, and we're going to get dressed up and eat it in our nice dining room.
I'm worried about tomorrow's lessons. I'm sure I'm not supposed to have got lumbered with actual lessons, I don't know how to explain the grammar or anything. But ah well, I'll just have to grin and bear it. I might start enjoying it in a few weeks.

0 comments:
Post a Comment