Monday, 28 September 2009

Oh dear, I think I wanna quit French : P (Only kidding!)

Today I went to the lycee at 10 to meet with my responsable, I met with the headteacher, the people in the office, and some of the other teachers. I got my own whiteboard pen, and a key which I think is for the photocopying room (I say I think, because the second time she explained it in French, I still didn't understand so I didn't dare ask again!) I also have my own pigeon hole, and the English teacher chuckles every time she says it - it sounds normal to us, but it must sound like a strange thing to call it.

I've been shown a timetable, but I had it taken off me so that they could find out the room numbers and give it to me on Thursday when I start work. It looks like I will have Monday and Wednesdays off work, and Tuesday, Thursday and Friday I will be in from 8 until 5 (only 4 or so hours teaching, but with gaps in between which means I'm there for the full day)

They said most of the classes are very good, but there is one class who have caused problems in the past for other assistants. They have said if this happens, don't try to deal with it, just walk into the room next door and get the teacher to sort it out.

There is a picture of me in front of the lycee looking grumpy and nervous, but I've left my camera at home so I can't put it on yet. I'll update with the picture tomorrow. (Here we go, I have now added this picture. My hair was being awful and wouldn't look normal, so I had to tie it back, AND a massive spot appeared, which magically disappeared as soon as I got home)



My Mum has requested more pictures of the house from different angles, so I'll put some more of those up tomorrow.

Bank appointment tomorrow at half 10, then we have do drop off the bank details to Julie so she can get the Internet and phone line set up, and then nip in the insurance place and give them the bank details and fill in a form for house insurance (it's compulsary, and it covers you for public liability as well - I think that's the right word!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails